SpamExperts provides email client add-ons to report Spam which was not correctly blocked to our central systems.
Since version 2010, Office is also available in 64 bits. If you have a 64-bits Windows installed, you probably also have Office in 64 bits. In order for the add-on to work, you should install the correct version that matches your Outlook version.
For Outlook 2007 you have to use the 32 bits version.
How to check your Office version.
First, open any Office application. For example; Excel 2010, (This will work in any other Office applications) Open the File menu, and then select Help.
On the right side, you’ll see your version information as well as other information regarding the Office suite.
How to install the addon.
The download consists of 2 files. A "setup.exe" and a installation ".msi" file. The setup.exe file is to be used if your workstation is missing any of the requirements needed to run the .msi file. This includes a copy of Net Framework 4 and relevant runtime files.
If you get any errors about being a newer version of a dependacy installed on the workstation, simply run the .msi file directly.
- Download the relevant .ZIP file according to your Office version.
- Unzip the file to a temporary location
- Proceed to run the extracted msi file. If you are using Microsoft Windows Vista or 7, then you should run the file with administrator priveledges. To do this, right click on the downloaded icon and choose 'Run as Administrator'.
- When you have reached Setup Wizard, click 'Next' on the first page.
- If the installer complains of missing requirements, quit the installation and run the setup.exe file.
- You will be then presented with the location you wish to install the program. The default settings here would be fine.
- If you would like this addon to be available for your user account only, choose 'Just for me', otherwise click 'For Everyone' and then click next.
- The 'Disk Cost' button shows you the disk space availability on the PC.
- Click 'Next' on the following screen to proceed to confirm the installation.
- Your addon will then proceed to install.
- Once installed restart your Microsoft Outlook, and your addon will be visible in the 'addins' tab.
To report spam, select the message that passed the filter that you wish to report, and then click the 'Report Spam' button.
The message will then be reported and moved to the 'Trash' folder.
Please report any issues to firstname.lastname@example.org